On the other hand, when I did venture out into reality, sporting the depths of winter essentials; UGG's and of course an oversized jumper, I hated every second, but did discover some new found loves (aside from Jezza). I would like to share these with you, as you may be the only sane point of human contact which I make until December. Here goes:
- Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser- This was a recent splurge as I was talked around by the Sales Assistant on my local counter, I have substituted this little beauty into my morning routine, rather than Liz Earle cleanse and polish (Don't worry Liz, your still an evening essential after a long day on the pillow). Kiehl's gives a luxurious lather, and leaves the skin feeling squeaky clean without the horrific tightness left by some gel cleansers. It is suitable for all skin types, so it is a no hassle choice and I would say an essential for those unsure of their skin type, or those tackling unpredictable skin.
- Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream- Yet again the Sales Assistant had the gift of the gab, and enticed me into this product with her personal recommendations. It leaves my under eye hydrated, and acts as the perfect base for eye make-up application. It is a great starting point for those wanting to invest in some eye therapy without any anti ageing qualities. Remember girls- a rice sized amount services both eyes-unless of course you want to create gigantic sacks of product under your peepers to face you in these dark and daunting mornings. I know it has been Halloween recently but looking like an extra from a horror movie is no-ones daily wish I'm sure.
- Liz Earle Skin Tonic Spritzer- To add to my horrific month I have developed a lovely little cold which left me drowsy, bunged up, and you guessed it- not wanting to ever leave the comfort of my bed! Well that was until in the midst of my raging temperature I sporadically sprayed my face and neck with this legend of a product. The Eucalyptus qualities seemed to almost instantaneously free my airways and along with paracetamol aided me back to health, but not out of my bed.
- Nars Sheer Glow- I have rediscovered my love for Nars Sheer Glow foundation. I'm thrilled about our reunion but im not going to bore you as there are thousands of reviews out there. Just for reference I am NW20 and my Nars match is Figi.
- Nars Douceur and Deep Throat Blush- Both really hassle free blush colours you can throw them on with any lip and eye combo and your good to go. The radiance achieved by each is a really subtle and feminine glow, Please try not to get TOO addicted to douceur though as it is limited edition for Christmas 2010 unfortunately. Yet another one that they're going to whip away from me- Fabulous!
- Mac Angel and Just Superb Lipglass Combo- Thinking that my love for angel couldn't be any greater I was almost bowled over by the new heights of affection I feel for this combo. Normally teaming Angel with Nars turkish delight, I overlooked the Just Superb cremesheen glass. Forced into a boredom buy whilst my housemate browsed the Mac counter (and ended up being forced into a purchase of a powder which would still be too dark for her fair skin after 40 sessions on the sunbed). The frost consistency of angel is completely complimented by the creaminess of the lipglass giving just the right amount of shimmer without draining the lips of every drip of moisture. Nourishment, shimmer and creaminess- Perfection.
- Carmex-Enough said.
- Illamasqua Lies Blush- Subtly Superb. Gives an amazing dewy glow to the skin when applied as a highlight. Illamasqua do advise that it can be worn under foundation, however I personally feel that this would be too much shimmer for one face to bare, and could potentially give you the new tag of human disco ball.
Until next time ladies...when I may have slowly re-introduced myself to society! Just incase your feeling inspired by my pathetic month then look no further than my role model in life and all that I aspire to be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUDR5kcmkMk - Enjoy!